It may be hard to believe but for some of you, school starts back up in just four weeks (for the rest, at most six weeks). With the way things are looking, it is a pretty good bet the new school year will be at least in part virtual. This is our new reality.
With this, our immediate mission is to support you and your child with the the start of the new school year. Traditionally in the past we have always finished the summer with the training theme"I alway start STRONG!" so that I have"My best year ever!" This year will be the same just in a slightly different way.
2020 has already been a year like no other before it. The process to help your child start the school year strong and have an "edge" over their peers will start with us working in three areas:
1. Your State. (emotions and energy)
2. What you focus on. (Where you direct your energy and attention)
3. Your strategy. (The process and systems you use)
Then as we inch closer to the start of school we will be sending you specific advice and actions to help and support you in each area.
But first lets start with "where it all starts" - your state or emotions. The best thing about state and emotions is teaching your child about them is it is easy, because they will naturally copy yours!
Here at two things you can work on and indirectly your child can't help but follow:
1. Keep your energy level up. This pandemic and shutdown can really get tiring and bring you down - if you let it. You have probably heard this before - Take care of yourself FIRST. (Just like during an airliner emergency - put your oxygen mask on first.). Eat well. Get enough sleep. Exercise regularly. Watch your mental and emotional health (by first turning off the news). Focus your energy on the things you can control. The things you cannot control can easily drain your energy right now.
2. Shift how you see this pandemic. The changes are here to stay (at least for a while), so just look at these two choices and how you approach life right now. You can really only do one of two things when it comes to change:
a. You can RESIST change., or
b. You can EMBRACE change.
It starts with awareness - Are you resisting or embracing right now?
I think you will be very surprised to see how easily your children follow you. Stay tuned for more.
Yours for stronger kids (who start strong!),